Want an easy snack to replace a chip craving?! Here you go! These delicious roasted chickpeas will be your new best friend! They are packed with protein, vitamins and mineral to make the perfect combination to keep you full and happy! Roasted chickpeas also make an awesome party snack to share with your friends! Want to know the best part? They are SO easy to make!!
3 powers of the chickpea¹
- Loaded with fiber to keep you full & regular
- Plant- based source of protein
- High in manganese and folate
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (you can use any veggie oil you like!)
- Place canned chickpeas in a colander & rinse
- Rinsing canned beans and veggies can reduce the sodium by 50%!
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees F ( 205 degrees C)
- Combine rinsed chickpeas, salt, curry powder and avocado oil in a medium sized bowl & mix until the chickpeas are covered!
- Once the chickpeas are evenly covered spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Note: everyone’s oven is a little different so just watch the chickpeas to see when they are golden brown and really crispy!
- Let cool & enjoy!
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Serving size = ½ cup
Servings = 3
Carbs: 27 grams
Fat: 6 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Sugar: 0 grams
- Wallace TC, Murray R, Zelman KM. The Nutritional Value and Health Benefits of Chickpeas and Hummus. Nutrients. 2016;8(12):766. doi:10.3390/nu8120766.