What to do with your left over morning brew?! Make a tasty gluten free coffee cake! I always make to much coffee, and I hate to see things go to waste. I developed this simple but delicious recipe on a seriously empty stomach with ingredients I already had in the house. The best part is this recipe only contains 4 grams of sugar per serving and is a great way to start the day for coffee lovers & health enthusiasts alike!
Dietary Accommodations: GF, Vegan, Low Sugar, Low FODMAP
- 1 2/3 cups rice flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg ——–> IF VEGAN ( combine 1 tbsp ground fix + 3 tbsp water in a separate bowl and let sit for 5 minutes, then add to dry ingredients)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of your fav brewed & cooled coffee
- 2 tablespoons veggie oil ( coconut oil adds some nice flavor)
- 3 tablespoons of REAL maple syrup ( you can add more, depending on your sweet tooth)
- pre heat oven to 350 degrees F ( 177 degrees c)
- combine both wet and dry ingredients
- mix slowly to avoid air bubbles
- once the mixture is smooth pour into a well greased bread pan ( 20 x 10 x 6 cm)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes @ 350 degrees F ( 177 degree)
- remember every oven is different watch for surface browning and use a fork or toothpick to check the consistency.
- EXTRA: sprinkle sunflower seeds on the top of the cake for some extra flavor and protein!
- Let cool for 30 minutes & enjoy!