Say hello to the perfect weekend wake up call with these delicious low sugar pancakes! This is my go to breakfast recipe to get everyone in the house moving in the morning and make waking up that much sweeter.
Note: I use whole wheat flour and pumpkin seeds to increase the fiber content. You could use while flour for a fluffier pancake or add a different seed.
Top Tip: Use natural coconut yogurt + frozen raspberries instead of syrup to add a smooth and sweet taste without the extra processed sugar!
1 cup of whole-wheat flour
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 egg beaten
1/3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2-4 tbsp dark chocolate chips (Depending on how sweet you want them)
1. Add all indigents besides chocolate chips & pumpkin seeds to a bowl
2. Beat ingredients together until smooth
3. Stir in chocolate chips & pumpkin seeds
4. Heat non stick skillet on medium heat
5. Use 1/4 cup to pour batter into skillet ( mine fits 3x pancakes at a time)
6. Wait until the batter bubbles then carefully flip7. Repeat x7
Serving size 1 pancake (recipe makes 7)
Kcals: 121 Sugar: 1.7 grams Carbs: 15g Fat:7grams